maltbie completes work for Aga Khan Museum
maltbie, a kubik company, along with its partner ClickNetherfield completed interior exhibit showcases and displays for the permanent gallery, Aga Khan Museum in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. This museum, founded by His Highness the Aga Khan, is dedicated to the collection, research, preservation and display of works of art, artifacts of historical and cultural significance from various geographical periods and areas around the Muslim world.
ClickNetherfield won the tender to supply the specialized showcases defined by the highly regarded designer, Studio Adrien Gardère. It was the attention to detail that made this project a very exciting challenge, and in keeping with the clean and understated gallery the brief was demanding. maltbie, a kubik company, a partner with ClickNetherfield, applied their advanced museum fabrication expertise in the design development, drafting, fabrication & installation of the following:
– A series of large-scale custom fabricated tables onto which ClickNetherfield showcases were integrated.
– Several display platforms for exceptionally large artifacts which includes Persian rugs and an Mamluk fountain.
– A series of custom fabricated fluted columns, display plinths and partition wall elements.
– Installation assistance to ClickNetherfield for top specification museum showcases.
– Custom showcase interior elements.
The museum’s permanent collection of over 1,000 objects includes masterpieces that reflect a broad range of artistic styles and materials. These portraits, textiles, miniatures, manuscripts, ceramics, tiles, medical texts, books and musical instruments represent more than ten centuries of human history and a geographic area stretching from the Iberian Peninsula to China.